Sunday, April 6, 2014

Swedish vanilla buns

So almost immediately after I posted about the top three fika treats I was excited to eat in Sweden, I started flipping through some Swedish cookbooks so I could make some fika treats of my own. I used IKEA's Fika cookbook again, and decided on these delicious little guys - vanilla buns.


Sidenote: I love kneading dough. Seriously one of my all-time favorite things. And look! I actually have counter space to knead at our new apartment!


These buns are really simple. A basic sweet dough with a vanilla filling that you put in right before the second rise. There's not so much filling that it squirts out like a jelly donut, but just enough so there is another level of flavor. When they come out of the oven I did a quick brush with melted butter and a dip in sugar.


They were pretty darn good. I ate them for breakfast 3 days in a row, and I don't regret it.

Hope you're having a grand weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh they look so delicious! Am going to look for the cookbook next time I am in IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! It has some classic and delicious Swedish treats!

      Delete