Monday, December 5, 2011

Swedish Christmas Fair: the program and craft fair

Well, it's no surprise that the Swedish Christmas Fair was a smashing success! Ryan and I stocked up on semlor (Ryan's first time having one!) and lussekatter and later had some glogg. There were many a craft booth and I am determined to be one of them next year! So much cute stuff there! I'll share my finds in another post and for now I will share a few pictures of the fair itself.

The booths were tons of fun to browse and see cute Swedish ornaments and other creative Christmas decor. They had booths for linens/textiles, books, jewlery, shirts, and other handmade beauties.

And there were some traditional Swedish dances during some of the fair!

And, the food. Oh my. Ryan had never had semlor before so we made sure to get some.

Ryan clearly loved the marzipan middle, he ate it right out. :)

But he loved the whole thing and finished it all! They were quite scrumptious.

We met up with some fellow Swede fans from my college (North Park University, go Vikings!) and watched the Lucia processional together.

Sorry for the following dark, fuzzy photos. They turn out the lights during the processional and I took a few pictures but they didn't turn out amazing...


They sang a medley of Swedish songs and it was so good!

Ryan and I drank our glogg while we waited for the Lucia processional to begin.

Ryan loves his glogg.

A bird's eye view of the fair.

The front end where they setup tables to eat. And in the corner was the cutest crafting corner for kids! They were making paper Lucia crowns, precious! I not-so-secretly wanted to make one for myself...but the chairs were a bit small. :)

The other side with all of the craft booths.


The happy couple enjoying a fun day shopping, eating and glogg-drinking at the Swedish Christmas fair! Stay tuned for the loot post later, I scored some awesome stuff!

1 comment:

  1. looks like fun was had by all :o)
    thanks so much for sharing !
    btw, I really liked how the Lucia processional photos turned out

    ReplyDelete