Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful Thursdays # 3


What am I thankful for today? Living in Japan.

Sure, I miss America, but mostly just things that are just in America, like my family. And Mexican food. But living in Japan has been an adventure that I am extremely thankful for. I mean, where else can you buy a new flavored KitKat every month?

Wasabi flavor. Verdict: Good, then gross, then good again with a gross aftertaste.


Cheese Flavor. Verdict: "I want to put it on a cracker and eat it" - Ryan

I've also tried sweet potato, cola, strawberry, and soy sauce flavors. Sweet potato was probably my favorite so far. Anyway...back to what I'm thankful for.

Even though I sometimes am anxious to be back in America with my family and friends, I need to embrace being here. I need to really be here when I'm here. Not keep thinking about being home but really enjoy living here and take advantage of all the wonderful things here. The fabric for example-amazing. The food, culture, people, nature, history and the time I have to enjoy it all. Thank you, Japan!

4 comments:

  1. I always see the strangest flavored things coming from Japan in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I had no idea Kit Kat came in anything other than chocolate... how ignorant am I! Soy sauce and wasabi flavours make me feel a bit sick just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had grape when I was there. It was delicious, but Wasabi sounds pretty awful. Are you having fun with the Pringle flavors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the pringles here yet...but it just made my to-do list! :)

    ReplyDelete