Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Swedish tote for all your toting needs.

If you don't already know, I'm a pretty big Sweden fan. I say something Swedish-related at least once a day (fika, anyone?). That being said, I love all things blue and yellow. So when I saw these adorable blue and yellow polka-dot prints I immediately threw them in my shopping cart without asking any questions.

I soon decided to use the fabric to make my sister's Christmas present: a convertible tote bag. What my chair is supposed to be demonstrating (albeit poorly) is how this tote bag can snap onto the handles of a stroller or grocery cart and keep it high enough that it won't smack you in the knees when you walk. Also having toys/food/wipes/blah/blah/blah readily available for the kiddo.


Then...when you want to take the tote with you someplace...you make it into a messenger-bag-tote-thing by snapping the longer strap in place. Ta da!



I followed this pattern over here but opted for the quick velcro closure instead of the messenger bag flap.

It would also work well as a reusable grocery bag. The pattern was fairly simple to follow. It took me a couple days to finish it, but I only worked in short spurts. You could most definitely finish it in one day if you wanted.

One Christmas present down. A lot more to go!

This has been linked to: It's Fun to Craft!

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Sure wish I was on your christmas list! I'm not crafty at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow. Totally want to use this when walking round IKEA! Now, to find someone to make it for me for Christmas... :)

    ReplyDelete