Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Overheard in an Orchard

Said the Robin to the Sparrow
“I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.”

Said the Sparrow to the Robin
“Friend I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me.”

–Elizabeth Chaney - 1859

This is the poem that my Grandma has always had hanging up in her kitchen. It's a cross-stitched picture, very simple. I wish I had a picture of it now to post, but I will have to take one when I visit home later this year. I'm trying to decided if I should: a) create my own pattern for Overheard in an Orchard to cross stitch, b) wait until I can take a picture of my Grandma's original and recreate, or c) cross stitch something else completely. Afterall, I did just buy that awesome cross stitch book. Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. This brings back so many memories of my grandmother as she always had a cross-stitch of this hanging in her bedroom. I'd love to recreate it. Have you found a pattern? Did you make your own? Or did you try to recreate hers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't accomplished recreating this yet! But your comment is good inspiration to make my own pattern. I will be sure to let you know if/when it gets completed! :)

    ReplyDelete