Thursday, January 10, 2013

From my Mother's kitchen

Whenever I go back home to visit my parents, I always peruse my mother's kitchen cupboards looking for long lost kitchen gadgets.  This Christmas, I stumbled upon this little guy: a butter mold.  


This day and age, everyone is more about flavored butters.  There are herb whipped butters, lemon butters...you name it! I love that you don't see many people mold their butters anymore.  It made it feel like a novelty when I gave it a try.

Don't they look elegant?


Now, I didn't make these for a special dinner I was making or anything.  I just made them for fun.  But I must say, it made eating breakfast this morning feel quite fancy.


Here's to feeling fancy! Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. They look so pretty! I have candy molds that I haven't used in such a long time. I will have to try this with them ~ thank you for the inspiration! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Candy molds are a great idea to use for these too!

      Delete
  2. Your butter rosettes are so pretty! What a way to impress your guests!

    ReplyDelete