Friday, September 23, 2011

Polish Cookies

Ryan and I recently came into a plate of these delicious polish cookies called chrusciki. I've never had them until today and they are so good you can't stop at just one...or five.

They're light, airy and full of sugary goodness. Our landlord is a very sweet Polish woman who we've been trading little treats with. She stopped by this afternoon while I was cleaning and dropped these off. Needless to say, I took a coffee break. Now, I'm on a blog break.

I linked to a recipe for these above if you're interested in attempting them yourself. And you should because they're amazing. Yum.

5 comments:

  1. I feel somewhat responsible that you're only discovering these now. If only I could bake!
    My Grandma would be ashamed that I'm learning how to make Polish treats on a Scandinavian blog!!!
    You're the best, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jim, how could you!? Just kidding, I don't blame you for never sharing these delectable treats. But, if you don't mind, could you get the recipe from your grandma? I would love to try her recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne-Line StrokkenesOctober 5, 2011 at 4:01 AM

    You do know that this is the same cookie as the Norwegian "Fattigmann"?
    I dont have my recipe at hand right now, but it is wery similar.
    It's my fav christmas cookies!

    Love frome North Norway
    Anne-Line

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne-Line, I had no idea! I'll have to find a recipe and give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying these tomorrow! Thank you for sharing the link to the recipe because they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete