Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pleated Purse

There was a typhoon here yesterday. Which means today everything is all wet, muddy and in disarray. Which is why I decided to lay low and stay in today. I tried to think of crafts I could do without making a run to the store. As most of you all know, I have accumulated quite a bit of fabric while I've been here. So I got to rummaging and came across this navy floral print I completely forgot about!

And since I'm making a purse for someone's Christmas present this year, I decided to do a trial run with this fabric. Plus, I may or may not have wanted another purse for the Fall. . .

I used this tutorial for a pleated purse. Overall, it was a pretty decent tutorial and I'm loving the purse so far. I made the mistake of linen-like fabric which made it tricky to do the pleats. I also wish I choose to make the handles all one fabric. I didn't think of it until after I had cut everything. Last, the lining I used was stuff I had laying around and it doesn't completely match, but oh well. Yay for new bags!

If you haven't already, there's still time to enter my Japanese Washi Tape Giveaway!
I've linked this post to Just Something I Whipped Up.

3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely bag. I really like the fabric you used and the shape and pleats in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is really cute. That looks like an 'everything' bag, everything can fit into it and it goes with nearly everything casual! :D

    And sometimes it's nice to have a rained in Sunday :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I've been getting quite a bit of use out of it already! :)

    ReplyDelete