Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bread Pudding Time!

I live in a pretty small apartment, and without an oven. And I love baking. Adjusting to life without baking has been interesting. I find myself filling my time in other ways, of course, but I really miss baking - and eating what I've baked. I've never been one for microwave cooking, but when you don't have an oven you'll try anything. I stumbled across this microwave bread pudding for one recipe, and just had to give it a whirl.



In place of the sugar, I used honey. I think it would also be quite delicious using maple syrup instead of the sugar, it would give it some nice flavor. I just used some white bread I had in the freezer, but a coffee bread of some sort would work perfectly.

Microwaved bread pudding for 1
adapted from Instructables

1 piece of bread (any kind you like)
1 Tbl melted butter/margarine
2 Tbl milk
3 Tbl honey
pinch cinnamon (cardamom would be equally delicious)

Tear up bread, mix with wet ingredients and pop in the micro for 2 mins. I ate mine with some strawberry perserves. If I had ice cream, I would have eaten it with that instead (because ice cream goes with everything).

Verdict: It's good, but I still wish I had an oven.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for missing your oven but this looks like a great alternative! I love the crafts too, great blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete