Thursday, October 16, 2014

Crafter's Block

I cannot believe that it's already mid-October. Seriously, how does time do that?! I'm panicking preparing for the SWEA Los Angeles Christmas Market that is just 8 weeks away! I'm stressing out because I am in a complete crafter's block stage. It's quite frustrating. I can't think of any new or fun craft ideas for this year's fair. While I don't necessarily need new crafts, it's what makes it fun for me each year.  So please help! What do you do to get out of a crafter's block? Any ideas?!


2 comments:

  1. Yes! Well, I know what works for me... It's usually a 3 stage process: 1) Put aside anything you are working on and look through all your favourite design / craft books and any making materials you have 2) Get online and review your favourite Pinterest boards / surf Pinterest with random word searches 3) Go for a walk in the woods, let all those images and thoughts brew together while you're enjoying the sights, smells and sounds around you and not thinking about them and... hey presto! you've got some ideas! Hope you get unblocked soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas, Debbie!! :) I've definitely been scouring my Pinterest boards and that has seemed to help a bit. Also trying to cleanout my crafting area and have been coming across things here and there. Hopefully I can get a'crafting again soon!! :)

      Delete