Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Pasta



Last week here in California was a nice cool week that really reminded me of a midwestern Fall, minus the color changing leaves (the best part!), so I felt like cooking Fall-themed things. I came across this cheese ravioli with a pumpkin sauce in one of my holiday cookbooks and gave it a whirl and boy am I glad I did - yum.


I just used prepackaged 3-cheese ravioli and made the sauce in 15 minutes.


Pumpkin Sauce:


1. Cut up 1 onion (I used a medium-sized red onion) and saute with a little olive oil. Add 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (if you don't like the taste you can totally omit these, but I love them so I added extra...). Saute until soft.


2. Measure 1 cup milk. Mix 1 Tablespoon flour with a little bit of milk, once combined add the remaining 1 cup of milk. Add to the sauteed onions and stir constantly on high heat until it thickens.


3. Add the 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup pumpkin puree and mix throroughly. Pour over your cooked ravioli and enjoy a Fall dinner!

5 comments:

  1. Will definitely make! Is it just one can of pumpkin puree then? Also when you say Mix 1 Tbsp in #2, do you mean 1 tbsp of the pumpkin puree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry, I meant to write in 1 Tablespoon flour to mix in with the milk. I used 1/2 - 3/4 cup pumpkin but I would even add more in the future. Thanks for pointing those out, I will fix it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious and its something we have often here. Your presentation is great and I bet that lovely glass of wine went well with the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This sounds delicious and so easy! I can't wait to give it a try! You've never steered me wrong yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so easy, I think you would love it Pam! :)

    ReplyDelete