Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cross Stitch Mania

Remember this craft book I bought a while back? I started to work on something but didn't get very far. Then I forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago. Oops.
To be honest, I wasn't the biggest of fans of cross stitch at first. But the more I worked on it, the more addicting it became. Once I reached this point: That's when I started finding cross stitch relaxing and exciting even? There's something about a bunch of small stitches coming together to form a picture. It almost felt like a puzzle. And I like puzzles. I used to do big puzzles when I was a kid and then glue them together. Yeah, I was that cool. Anyway, back to cross stitch. It's great to do in the in-between times of the day. Especially when I get home from work and just want to unwind. I get the same feeling cross stitching as I do when I knit. It's something that doesn't take much thought. You can do it while you listen to music, podcasts or watching TV.

You don't see much cross stitch these days. Or maybe I just don't see much cross stitch. I want to see more of it in my future. Perhaps a larger project next time with a wider color palate.

My first, finished cross stitch project of my adult life. Woo hoooo, I'm done!

5 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! I love it in just red and white. If you're enjoying cross stitch, I'd recommend the book "A Rainbow of Stitches"... it breaks down projects into colours, and the red section is very Scandinavian-themed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, well done! It looks lovely ~ I really like the single colour designs :-)

    Must confess that amongst my humungous pile of WIPs and UFOs are more than a couple of cross stitch projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I still haven't gotten around to framing it yet...

    It's funny how cross stitch projects just start piling up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your redwork is so pretty. I too love to stitch to unwind, and I have been cross stitching for over 25 years . . . well the official kind. Do gingham or stamped embroidery from childhood my mother mostly completed count? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Judy! You must be quite the experiences cross-stitcher since you've been doing for over 25 years, wow, any tips on how to frame finished pieces??

    ReplyDelete