Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm a messenger...bag

I made this messenger bag a couple weeks ago after a long day in Tokyo with my purse falling off my shoulder. When I'm going to be walking for long periods of time, I prefer to carry a bag that slings over my body, rather than having to hold one up on my shoulder. Not wanting to spend a wad of yen on a new bag, I made this one for under 800 yen ($8). It's been a great basic, functional messenger bag.

The tutorial over at MmmCrafts is so easy and quick, a great afternoon project. I opted for no applique on the front flap but added a few removable fabric flowers instead. This way I can switch it up when I get sick of the flowers. I'm contemplating sewing some big antique buttons on, or non-antique buttons...whatever I find.


In other crafting news, I started knitting a teddy bear from Zoe Mellor's Knitted Toys about a month ago, and I'm sooo close to finishing!! I just need to knit the ears, sew it up and stuff it! I love knitted projects. They take me the longest to make, but I get so excited when they're finished, and I can't wait for this bear to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment